Translate

Monday, July 2, 2012

Nelson - Nakusp

After flying down from Kootenay summit, I completed the slog up past Salmo and Ymir to Nelson. I crashed on the futon at Derek and Julie's place (nephew and niece-in-law). I rested up for two days while Derek worked his shifts on the ferry and poor Julie got soaked on a bike tour from Kaslo to New Denver, Slocan, and back to Nelson. I made butter chicken for them on Sunday night, and it seemed to go over well.
This morning Derek rode out with me for the first 20km or so before he turned back to Nelson. I felt pretty good, and wanting to reduce the distance I have to ride in the rain that's expected tomorrow, I pushed through to Nakusp. 150km for the day is the longest so far this tour, but there weren't many hills and especially no headwinds!
-mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment