Translate

Thursday, September 22, 2016

We have a lot of catch up to do.

“… nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.”  – Mark Twain.

What I've been doing this summer is being very busy outdoors cycling on the Trans-Canada Trail near my house.  I have a job as the trail coordinator to help with a 155 km section of the TCT between McCulloch and Eholt, and even though it's a part time job, it's a full one.

My goal is to bring bicycles back to it as it's been taken over by gas-powered engines who don't seem to understand the right use of a rail trail is for human powered quads.  

Our friends from England who we met in Nepal reminded me that I was at the hospital in the spring and hoped I wasn't still there.  I've been adventuring with my partner Mark and we are quite happy. We've just had a super busy and fun summer.  The autumn colors are here now and snow will be flying soon.  I gotta stay out of my head and be in joy as the world is just going to do what it wants to do despite my lack of approval.  I'm praying for peace in Syria right now, the end of the grizzly bear trophy hunt, a plan for the TCT that will incorporate regular bicycles back onto the grade instead of super athletes, a free flowing Peace River and a democratic president. 

Acceptance doesn't mean approval.

I was supposed to be at a meeting when this rainbow happened to shine.  Thank greatness the meeting was cancelled and I knew where to go to see the light show.

My friend Jean wanted it so she got it.  It's been a long time since she rode through this 900 meter tunnel.

Wonderful trestles on the Trans-Canada Trail Rail Trail near Castlegar
The light at the end of the tunnel.  On my commute home on my bicycle.  Active transportation corridor for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment