Translate

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The poets wind blew out softly

Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God. 
I found out today that Maya Angelou wrote poetry on twitter. Now that she has died - found out myself through social media, it's going to be someone's task to archive her writings - including 225 tweets in her twitter feed. What a cool job that person is going to have but what a challenge with digital documents. I wonder if she ever considered her twitter feed would be archived. I remember a stormy day listening to her on the radio giving a speech at the 1993 presidential inaguration. I was coming home after having the ski area where I was skiing shut down completely because of high winds that day. I remember thinking that perhaps that's why the wind blew. She blew me away with that poem.  
I'm with President Clinton when he wrote in his statement
"Now she sings the songs the Creator gave to her when the river
and the tree and the stone were one".


No comments:

Post a Comment