Translate

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Mailbox collecting

Since visiting the south island of New Zealand, I've succumbed to mailbox obsession.
The picture doesn't capture it like I hoped, but the top mailbox is for "airmail" and the one below is for "junk mail".
These folks on HWY 97 are waiting for the Goldfinches still to arrive
I think these mailbox owners appreciate biplanes.
I'm always on the lookout for cool mailboxes.  Where we live now there isn't mailbox delivery, but I have a a really cool postoffice... it's got the original mailboxes from the early 1900's.  Hopefully Canada Post will decide to keep the post office open on Saturdays - it's a cool building for the tourists out for a weekend looksee.
Come visit us and see for yourself!

1 comment:

  1. This is a fun blog, Ciel! I love the unique mailboxes, especially the ones for air and junk mail!! haha

    Becky

    ReplyDelete