Translate

Friday, March 23, 2012

Music Recommendation Extraordinaire

Last night Mark and I experienced one of the best aspects of Pacific NW culture.  A House Concert.  That's where you get invited into someone's home for a live performance of music.  Anyway, I have had the opportunity to listen to the band before and I wasn't going to miss it despite a pretty full week on non-stop ski activity (just say no to being tired!).  Thank you David and Eve for opening your house to us.
She has a great webiste
Rita Hosking is a terrific storyteller and very talented songwriter plus she has a great band.  They are amazingly tight and polished.    I was particularly impressed by a song titled "Ballad for the Gulf of Mexico.  She was a semi-finalist out of over 16,000 international entried in the 2011 International Songwriting Contest with this song.  The genre category was Americana.  I also really enjoyed listening to the lyrics of "Little Joe".  They sang acapella and played instrumental as well, telling jokes and working the crowd.

The reason why I want to blog about it, is that I think Rita Hoskings and her crew has the ability to make it to the BIG TIME and with a little bit more publicity and social media help, their music is so incredibly infectious maybe they can headline large venues in the next year or so.  Alison Kraus and Union Station watch out...
Ritas facebook link

I would like to help them get the recognition they need.  Since we have blog followers and suscribers from North America, Australia, New Zealand and Russian I'm sure their POPULARITY will surge.  (YES) To listen to her music click here and and here. And if you can get an opportunity to listen to them live, by all means make the effort, they are touring the west coast right now.  You will not regret it. 




I am streaming the music as I write this.  It is happy music and heartwarming on any day of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment