Translate

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Snowqualmie Gold

Today with winter storm warning we woke up and hit first chair up at the pass.  I thought it was totally worth it for first chair, skiing untracked is my nirvana on earth.  Granted, I'm SO spoiled after living in Alberta, I forget how wet it is here in the Pacific NW.  I keep telling Mark if you can ski this snow snow successfully you can ski anywhere...
It's way good!

The only bummer is that when it snows on I-90, I mean really snow, the car drivers don't follow the rules and drive up without chains, spin out and then the pass gets closed.  Which is exactly what happened 

Pass Report

TEMPERATURE:

31ºF / -1ºC

ELEVATION:

3022 feet / 921 meters

RESTRICTIONS EASTBOUND:

Pass Closed

RESTRICTIONS WESTBOUND:

Pass Closed

CONDITIONS:

Snow and slush on the roadway. I-90 is closed between Denny Creek near milepost 47 and Easton, near milepost 70. The closure is due to adverse weather and multiple collisions over Snoqualmie Pass. Time to reopen the roadway is not known due to the weather related nature of the closure. Updated information will be provided as details become available.

WEATHER:

Snowing, hard at times
GET IT TOGETHER PEOPLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment