Translate

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Auckland crankiness

I got a new crank installed by a good mechanic at Kiwivelo today. The old Race Face crank had been through a lot - many epic rides in the rockies, 3 or 4 of the 24 hours rides, and lots of km in Australia and New Zealand. The drive side bearing wore out, seized, and caused the crank axle spacer to act as a bushing, wearing it out too...on top of that, the drive side crank arm loosened and started clunking around as I pedaled. It got me this far, but I'm glad I don't have to rely on it to get me any farther!
The new crank is a Shimano Deore double crank - 22-36 vs 22-32-44 on the old crank. I wasn't using the big chainring much anyway, and the 36 gives me a better range for the flats. I still need that 22 to haul the trailer up some of the hills here!
-mark

Edit: to see more of Ciel's photos, go to https://picasaweb.google.com/113518295346756355329

No comments:

Post a Comment